Friday, August 26, 2011

The skinny on ME wanting to be skinny

Earlier this week, Tuesday in fact, one of Big Daddy's best friends told me that I lost a lot of weight. We went swimming at the pool and when we got out to dry off and leave is when he said it. I gave high fives all around LOL. In response I proudly said, "yup 9 almost 10 pounds." I was beaming! Big Daddy had a smile on his face too, like a proud husband should. Except wait...were they saying I was fat?! Eh, wtf-ever. I admit, I was on the chubby, jiggly side since summer started. Well anyways, last night the dudes and I went to one of my friend's houses for dinner with her and her kids. Well we're getting ready for dinner and her youngest daughter comes up to me and gives me a hug and goes, "wow you're sooo skinny now." You know I smiled from ear to ear.

Before doing Insanity I wasn't fat. I was more like skinny fat. I had belly flab/love handles (stretched skin from my last 2 pregnancies), my thighs were jiggly and rubbed when I walked. I am a very petite girl. VERY. I'm only 4 ft 7. So being short and chubby was not going to cut it. I want to wear shorts and jeans without the flab coming up over the top. I like working out, but the only way to get rid of the flab was to do more cardio. Big Daddy suggested running. "Running will definitely get rid of the extra" is what he said. But I don't like running. I honestly find it pointless. That's a whole nother (LOL) discussion right there! So we decided to do Insanity...together. And it definitely paid off!

I WANT to be skinny. I WANT to be sexy. I don't think that skinny = sexy by any means. I just want to be skinny. I don't have a recent after picture, but here is my before (I believe this was taken like the beginning of the 2nd week of Insanity...so about a month and a half ago)...
See that belly pouch...pooch...whatever its disgusting. I don't want to be Kate Moss model skinny. Just skinny. I love my legs and want them to be more toned. (P.S. please don't mind the socks, I couldn't find any workout socks) I honestly would love to get my high school cheerleading body back. Yup there it is. I want that body back. And the good thing is that I can get that body back. I've come a long way. Up and down with working out and now finally back to consistency. I'm even eating "better." (That's code for not eating everything in site anymore)

Most people work out to just be healthy. I can honestly say my reasons are pretty vain. I wanna be bikini ready all year long. I want to get out the shower and my husband just attack me. I want to look like "damn she looks good for having 4 children" good. I want to have the body that other women wish they had. I want to be curvy skinny...meaning I don't want my hips to go away or my booty either ;) I can and will add boobs later on down the road.

But seriously...my goals are not your goals. YOU know what you want from your workouts. If you want to be vain too, go right ahead. Do you. Don't let anyone else tell you that your views on what you want to be or look like are wrong or dumb. Workout for yourself first and foremost. Whether its for health reasons or not work out for YOU.

No comments: