Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Accountability

In 5 months a very good friend of mine is getting married. She made a commitment to herself to lose weight and she is doing absolutely great. She signed up at a local gym and everything making fitness a priority in her life. She has made several comments to me on how I am a great friend and workout motivator and I just love her even more. You can't do it alone. I told her I would be her support system :-).
Yesterday she tells me that she is starting weight watchers again, which got me thinking. I really should be writing down what I eat and actually sticking to writing it down. I workout a ton and say I'm trying to eat healthier, but really I don't think I'm trying hard enough. It's so easy for me to forget to make healthier choices.I will choose a greasy hamburger or fried chicken over anything healthy really. I want to eat healthier. So to hold myself accountable, I am going to document what I eat here on my blog instead of just a notebook. I think that if I continuously SEE what I am eating, then maybe it will make me choose healthier options.

10/10/11: Monday
Breakfast: maple & brown sugar oatmeal (1 packet), water
Snack: 5 pretzels, water
Lunch: leftovers from Sunday night (BBQ riblets, mac & cheese with peas), water to drink
Snack: handful of peanut m&ms, water
Dinner: ramen noodles with hot sauce added, water to drink
Snack: no pre-bedtime snack

I will post what I ate today tomorrow. Here's to healthier eating choices :)

No comments: