Monday, December 12, 2011

Accountability meet my planner

To stay on top of my workouts, I started writing them down in my planner. Yes I have an iPhone with a calendar app and yes I do have an app where I can schedule my workouts as well. But I've done that and it just does not work out for me. I would ALWAYS ignore my alerts of when my workout was supposed to start. I'm one of those free spirits that works out whenever I want. I can't be handcuffed to time. And because of that reason, I have actually missed workouts. Actually I would still workout, doing something random instead of what I actually planned.
No more. I look at my actual "book" planner at least 5 times a day and I write in it just as much. Such a better place to schedule my workouts.
As y'all already know I get pretty bored with workouts pretty fast. I've been researching new workouts I want to try and writing them in my planner. I also love doing "challenges" so those get put in my planner as well. No more boredom because I'll be changing it up quite often. And writing them in planner means I won't forget about them...no more wondering what I'm going to do next.
I'm in the process of "cleaning it up" but I will post a picture of what my planner actually looks like in case anyone wants to try my method.

How do you hold yourself accountable? Do you schedule your workouts in advance?

No comments: