Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 2 Week 1 - good feeling workout

The workout: Interval circuit: 12 minutes --> 12 rounds 50/10  *I did modify and did 50/15 and I did modify like 3 of the moves*
10 x high knees and 10 x mountain climbers
2 x squat jumps and 2 x push ups and 1 tuck jump
center to elbow jump (L&R) and 2 x leg jumps
push up and clean & press and squat & press
5 x tuck jump and 5 x 1/2 burpee & squat hold 
straight leg push up and spider knee push up (L&R)
switch lunge & press
2 x side lunge and L&R side punch and 2 tuck jumps
10 x squat and 10 x squat jumps (KILLER)
elbow to knee jumps 10 x each side
wide leg jumps and push up
speed run

No lie...this challenge is TOUGH! Today's workout was tough and its only day 2! I am still shaking. And talk about sweat. She said we were gonna sweat. I didn't realize how much! I haven't had a challenging workout like this since I did Insanity last year. 
Yesterday I made the mistake of eating dinner before I worked out and did the fit test. So tonight, I had a small snack then worked out. Can I tell you I STILL felt like I was going to throw up?

A part of this challenge is choosing a daily power word. The word(s) I chose were: Be strong.

I watched this workout before actually doing it and the first thought that came into my head was "I will NOT be able to do that." I looked in my journal and there were those 2 words: BE STRONG. In a corny uplifting way those 2 words made me smile, and I did it. I pushed through and completed the workout.
It really is hard sometimes to "keep it together." I'm a wife, a mom, I work full time out of the house, I clean, I cook, I help with homework...the list goes on. It can and has gotten overwhelming at times but I push forward. Like everyone else, I keep it together. When anything gets me down, I think be strong. I am providing for my family in every possible way and they are happy and healthy. 
Be strong everyone. Take everyday by the horns and push through.

You can find Day 2 work out here.

P.S. I did not weigh myself or take any measurements prior to starting this workout. I do plan on taking measurements at the end of the week and at the end of every week only.


No comments: