Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Booty call - 300 rep challenge

The workout: timed, pyramid style (10,9,8,7, etc)

1. alternating hand bag swing (used kettle bell)
2. shovel left (used kettle bell)
3. shovel right (used kettle bell)
4. clean & press left (used kettle bell)
5. clean & press right (used kettle bell)

Ab bonus: 50/10
- reptile push up
- mountain climbers
- star push ups

Look familiar? Did this workout the first week of the February challenge. Tough, but pulled through. I believe the last time I did this workout I used dumbbells. This time I used a 15 lb kettle bell. The odd shape of it was challenging and I swear I thought I was going to drop it on my feet. I feel stronger doing it. I really feel it mostly in my legs and arms and abs....hell I feel it everywhere LOL. 
With all these push ups in EVERY challenge, you would think they wouldn't be so bad anymore. Nope. Hurts so good every time :)

I've been eating tuna for the past 2 days for lunch. I like tuna and I think it will become a daily staple. Someone told me that when they were dieting (and working out) to lose like 20+ pounds, she ate a lot of tuna. Tasty and very good for you. As long as you don't put too much mayo or miracle whip in. My fave way to eat it is tuna salad: a bit of mayo, salt, pepper, relish, and mustard. Yes mustard. I like the tang taste of it. And I actually ate it on some whole wheat toast yesterday. Today I had it with some crackers. Do you like tuna? How do you prepare it?

1 comment:

Mrs. H said...

I usually eat it with mustard, salt pepper and a tad but of hot sauce.