Thursday, March 15, 2012

Booty lover workout

Oh boy! It has been a week since I last worked out! A WEEK! All for good reason. I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding this past weekend down in south Texas. We ended up staying for the entire weekend turning it into a mini vacay :) (You can check out my other blog for the deets on that)
Now back to our regularly scheduled workouts...

The workout: 30/10 perform each exercise 2 times back to back, high knee skips in between each exercise

1. frog jump & 2 press ups (4,4)
2. clean & press & squat & press - used dumbbell (6,5)
3. around the world + squat - used dumbbell (7,9)
4. switch lunge & twist - used kettle bell (11,10)
5. elevated push up - on stool (7,8)
6. oblique & leg lifts - v ups and oblique ups on floor (10,8)

Ab bonus: 20/20, complete 3 exercises one after the next (I did 9 rounds instead of 18 as posted)
- side oblique plank drop - left
- plank with alternating knee tuck
- side oblique plank drop - right
*I did not keep track of how many I did each round*

Back & chest bonus: 12 reps, all done with 5 lb dumbbells, back to back
- shoulder press
- bicep curl
- upright row
- tricep kickbacks
- hammer curls
- flys

I liked this workout. It was perfect for my first workout back after a week off. I feel great! From this point on, I am going to try and make one clean eating change every day...meal or snack. Y'all know how much I love food, so y'all know how hard this is going to be for me. For my afternoon snack today, instead of reaching for a piece of chocolate I ate a handful of almonds. Let's see if I can make a clean meal choice tomorrow.

1 comment:

frikken DUCKIE said...

You go girl! I haven't been able to keep up with all the workouts but the ones I have done have kicked my ass!

I LOVE raw almonds. They're delicious and nutritious! Lol.

I think I'll try out that healthy change too. But only during weekdays. Lol. Because I love my fat girl food on the weekends!

♥ Duckie.

http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com