Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March Bodyrock Challenge

February came and went! I'm so proud of myself for not only completing the 30 day challenge but for  wanting more! I'm hooked!
For the month of March, they have decided to break it down from doing a month long challenge to doing mini, weekly challenges instead...focusing on specific areas of the body. So to start off, this week is all about butts, legs and inner thighs. Whoa baby!

The workout: Super hot booty workout: 2 parts

Part 1: 10/10 for 12 rounds
1. plie squat jumps & mountain climbers
(200 high knee skips)
2. jump lunges & mountain climbers

Part 2: 40/10 for 6 rounds
1. forward/side lunge combo w/ sandbag (used kettle bell)
2. sumo squat & v ab lift (modified: v ups on floor)

Ab bonus: 50/10 for 3 rounds
- scissor leg switch legs & reverse crunch
- touch toe abs
- scissor leg switch legs & reverse crunch

Back & chest bonus: 8-10 reps
- standard push up
- close grip pull up (did not do)
- military push up
- wide grip pull up
- diamond push up (modified on knees)
- decline push up
- bent over flys (used 5lb dumbbells)
- reverse push up (did not do)

So my thighs and butt were already sore from last night's makeup workout. I really felt it today. Dripping sweat! 10/10 is super fast...especially with no rest. And lord oh lord. 40 seconds is a LONG time. 50 seconds is like FOREVER! 
I can already tell how much I'm going to "love" these isolated workouts.

1 comment:

frikken DUCKIE said...

Bwahahaha. I'm sooooooo out of shape I couldn't even get through it cuz I puked. But then again, I did try to do it early this morning after waking up...but I'll try it again tonight after Zumba.

♥ Duckie.