Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 2 - Seriously hot bodyrock flow and then some

The workout: 3 part Bikram yoga posture

*Flow from one part to the other with no break, after you've completed all three parts, drop your arms and take a 10 second breather. Then repeat a second set of the pose. Hold each part of the posture for 10 seconds.

This was intense...to say the least! I didn't expect it to be easy, but I also didn't expect to feel the burn 15 minutes AFTER I completed the poses. I think I may start doing those poses everyday. You can find the workout HERE.

I decided to do also do an upper body workout tonight (chest/triceps/back). The workout comes from bodybuilding.com from Jaime Eason's Live Trainer. For those of you that don't know, bodybuilding.com is another website where you can find workouts, create a profile and track your progress...all for FREE as well. Here is what I did: 3 sets of 12 of each (3 x 12)

wide push ups
dumbbell bench press
bent over rows
standing bicep curls
narrow push ups
standing dumbbell tricep extension
single leg deadlift

Oh ya...and I did take before pictures. I want to lose about 2 inches everywhere with this challenge. You know I don't like weighing myself so I took pictures instead...


From the side all is well but then you look at me straight on and DAMN. LOL. 

I wanna know what y'all are doing this month...and like I said I want to feature you too. Get at me mommybeautiful (at) att (dot) net

2 comments:

frikken DUCKIE said...

You go girl! I'm motivated again to try this out! I just printed the calendar and I'm going to do the workout tonight. I promise I'll try harder to stick to it!

Maybe I'll have the confidence to post a before picture too!

♥ Duckie.

http://frikkenduckie.blogspot.com

MsStephaniexoxo said...

Hey girl I just started doing the May challenge and today was my day two and omgossshhh I am so sore!! Keep up the great work :)