Monday, August 13, 2012

Back to the grind - Tone It Up

At the end of June, Big Daddy and I went to Padre Island for a rugby tournament on the beach. A weekend full of beach, rugby and yes boozing. A much needed getaway without the little dudes (they were at my mother in law's).  The first week of the month was just spent "recovering" and enjoying time with big daddy before we went and picked up the dudes.
Last week I started back working out. Before I left for Padre, I felt like I was about to hit that level. You know the P-word...PLATEAU. Grrrrrr. I HATE that! Well I continued my workouts as usual. But  like y'all know about me...I got bored. And fast. So I spent a couple days last week looking up different workouts. I thought about doing another round of Insanity but just didn't feel it. I even tossed around P90x in my head. But I really don't have that hour dedication right now either. So I searched and I found Tone It Up. I stalk follow a couple blogs that do their workouts and they rave about how fun it is. It's different. I like different...y'all know that already. They even have a month workout calendar. So here it is, day 1 of Tone It Up (TIU). I'm doing the exercises on the calendar but not necessarily on those specific days. I'll even link up the workouts here so you can see and try them out yourselves.

The workout: Cowabunga - 3 x through

1. far out 10x
2. totally tubular 30x
3. bonsai buns 10x
4. bonsai buns (2nd version) 10x
5. surfs up 20x

The workout: Tone it up thighs - 3 x through
*done with 15-20 lb weight*

1. squat 20x
2. plie squat 20x
3. curtsy lunge 20x
4. bottom leg lift 15x each side
5. reverse crunch 20x
6. boot bridge 30x

*click on the workout name to be taken to the website*

1 comment:

Faith said...

I've heard nothing but amazing things about the tone it up girls! Have fun!