Thursday, October 11, 2012

W6, D4 - 8 week challenge update

I can't believe I've been in this challenge for a month and a half! My clothes fit better and I have a lot more energy than what I had back in Week 1. The scale is not moving. THAT is why I never weigh myself. But I'm not worried. I feel great.
I've been making GREAT progress on food. My portions are definitely more controlled and I don't get very many "cravings" anymore. Also, I decided to cut dairy out of my diet last week. I was feeling a bit  off and extra gassy the past couple of weeks. I just attributed the gassy to all the extra veggies I was eating and the off-ness to being that time of the month. Big Daddy and I took a look at my food journal, and he pointed out that I consume a lot of dairy. He is paleo. He says that pasteurized milk products are not good for you and not natural...duh...its pasteurized. So he "challenged" me to take it out of my diet for a week and see if it helps any. He said I've always drank and eaten tons of veggies and have never been this gassy. So I did. And now it's been a week and a day and there have been great changes. The extra gassiness I was feeling is gone and I don't ever feel so bloated after eating. TRUST when I say it was hard for me to do: yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, milkshakes (on cheat days), cheesy broccoli, potato and cheese soup...even cheese on pasta or in salads. Now that I know the effects of dairy on my system, I can control it. I don't have to eliminate it completely if I don't want to, but just be careful when I do eat it.
My workouts have been great as well. Now that I am not working I can actually workout all day if I wanted LOL. A typical day for me is walking Juju to school, then going on a 1-3 mile jog on my way home. I get some coffee and then either do a BodyRock, or Tone It Up, or BexLife workout. Then breakfast. When BamBam comes home from school, I feed him lunch, then we go on a walk around our complex. Around 3:45pm-4:00pm we walk to pick up Juju from school...well he rides his scooter and I ride Juju's scooter and then of course they ride their scooters back home, with me jogging behind them. I wish I took before pics...

2 more weeks!

No comments: