Tuesday, October 23, 2012

W8, D2 - 8 week challenge update

WEEK 8!!! Can you believe it? I sure can't LOL. That went by so quickly I think.

I've heard that it takes 8 weeks to create a habit. I totally believe that. No longer to I have the "want" for cookies and sweet things all the time. I don't "have to have" that salted caramel mocha from Starbucks every day. I did have one the other morning and it was totally yummy but I felt that it was just a bit too sweet for me. Amazing...I can't believe I even just typed that LOL. I've noticed that since I stopped working, I have eaten soooooo much better. No more mindless snacking. The snacks I do eat now are thought out and planned throughout my day.
Since I stopped working I have ran every morning and clocked about 10-15 miles a week. I want to up that to 20-25 miles a week. My one goal before the end of the year is to run a 5k (which just so happens to be the Color Me Rad 5k).

I "weighed in" yesterday and am happy to report that I lost 2 pounds from last week. I am now only about 5 pounds away from "goal weight."

Week 8...I still can't believe it. I've made some super healthy habits that I am definitely proud of.




2 comments:

Faith said...

That is so awesome! Awesome job!

5 lbs from your goal weight! Seriously, the day I write that I am throwing myself a big party, lol.

Schnelle A. said...

congrats on your mileage and weight loss! Isn't it funny how our taste buds change after a while?